Sunday, May 31, 2009

It's up!





So the new sugar scrub is up on the website....yeah!!! I've taken some pictures of the different tests that I thought I would include here for you wonderful readers :) The top two pictures are what the scrub looks like normally.


This is my own recipe :)


So I wanted to test what heat would do to the new sugar scrub so I put it in a 170 degree oven for 1/2 hour. The above picture is what resulted. Not too bad I think. You can see some oil separation but not bad at all. After a few minutes, the scrub went back to normal.

Then I wanted to see what would happen if it were even hotter so I cranked the oven up to 250 degrees and put the sugar scrub in a pyrex cup (not sure if the plastic container would melt at that heat) and I cooked the scrub for 5 hours!!! Here is what happened:





It got pretty thin but it held together...the oils didn't separate from the sugar. Once it sat on my counter for 15-20 minutes it was back to it's normal consistency.

So as we come in to our hottest months you just need to remember that if you get a scrub that is runny, just let it sit out on the counter or in your fridge for a few minutes and it will go back to normal.
















No comments:

Post a Comment