Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Open


Hey there everyone,

Well the new full time girl started at the daycare yesterday so I find that I have some time on my hands :)

I'm going to open the store and see how it goes. I'll close Skin Candy on the weekends, because I have to work at the daycare, at least until the new girl is fully trained and comfortable.

I added a few new scents and I also took away some products that just weren't selling very well (I bet you won't even notice which ones are gone lol) .

Now I'm off to make some home made granola for my yogurt :) Here is the recipe if you are interested:
7 cups of oatmeal (I've use the long cooking but you could use the instant)
1 cup of wheat germ
1 cup of flax seed meal
1/2 cup of honey (I've cut it down by half and it's still yummy)
1/2 cup canola oil (I've also cut this down by half)
1 Tbls vanilla
1-2 cups pecans
1-2 cups almonds (I've used whole & sliced, both work)
1 cup coconut (you can skip this if you want)
1 tsp salt
1 Tbls cinnamon
1 tsp clove
1 tsp nutmeg

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F
In a large bowl add the oats, wheat germ, flax seed meal, coconut, and nuts
In a medium bowl blend the honey, oil, salt, cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg-mix with oat mixture and stir
pour on to two cookie sheets lined with foil
bake in the pre-heated oven for 30-45 minutes stirring occasionally (bake to your liking-I prefer mine darker so I bake longer).

You really can't go wrong. I've added more cinnamon, and also apple pie spice and all spice. Season it to your liking! Oh Oh Oh, I forgot to add that you can eat this as cereal!! Just put in a bowl and add your milk or soy milk to it :)

I also store this in the cereal dispenser available from amazon http://www.amazon.com/Zevro-TSO100-Indispensable-2-Ounce-Dispenser/dp/B000LFGFBC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1268148533&sr=8-1

I LOVE this thing! Really handy, just put your bowl of yogurt under the knob and turn. It will dispense around 1 ounce of product, of course I do 3-4 turns for my yogurt :)

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! You took away the lip scrub!!?? I love that stuff. I was just gonna order more :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can make you up some lip scrub, just e-mail me your order!

    ReplyDelete